Birth until age 3
What is Early Intervention?
Ohio’s Early Intervention System is a partnership between Help Me Grow and the county board of developmental disabilities, serving children from birth until their 3rd birthday. Families enter the Early Intervention system through a referral to Help Me Grow. A Help Me Grow Service Coordinator is assigned to help you through the eligibility process. Once a child qualifies for Early Intervention Services, a Primary Service Provider is assigned.
Families are a child’s first and best teacher
The assigned Primary Service Provider will:
- Support your family through everyday routines and activities
- Coach you on ways to promote your child’s development
- Meet with you regularly in your natural environments such as your home, daycare, or places where your family spends time in your community
- In light of COVID-19 this visit could occur virtually or face-to-face
*The Butler County Board of Developmental Disabilities is a service provider that is funded by your local tax dollars
Who is Eligible?
- Children, birth to age 3, who live in Butler County and have a qualified delay or disability
- On your initial visit, an intake team representing Help Me Grow and the Butler County Board of Developmental Disabilities will evaluate your child to determine if he or she qualifies for services
- If your child is determined eligible, Help Me Grow and the Butler County Board of DD will continue to work collaboratively to meet the needs of your child and family until your child’s third birthday.
- Call Butler County Central Coordination to discuss program options at (513) 785-6850 or (513) 434-3322. You may also reach them via email.
What happens at age three?
- Your Early Intervention team will coordinate a meeting with your child’s school district representative before he or she turns three to determine eligibility for an Individualized Education Plan and ongoing preschool services through the school district.
- The Butler County Board of DD Eligibility Department will also assess your child to determine ongoing DD eligibility.
For more information about the Butler County Department of Developmental Disabilities Early Childhood Services and Supports, call (513) 785-2800.
To make a referral for Early Intervention services, contact Butler County Help Me Grow at (513) 434-3322