What is Family Focus?
We coach family members, caregivers, and support professionals in natural environments such as the home or community to promote independence while improving social skills, communication, and self-regulation.
When to Request Family Focus Services
If the person struggles with:
- Making plans for the day
- Transitioning from one task to another
- Adjusting to unexpected changes in plans
- Anxiety about things coming up in the future
If the person could use visual supports to help with:
- Completing to-do lists
- Memory support for daily and monthly schedules
- Practicing skills of organization
- Daily structure and routine
- Reducing mental fatigue
If you or a loved one could benefit from Family Focus services, contact your BCBDD SSA to put in a request!