The Butler County Board of DD is guided by a Strategic Plan, which is a multi-year plan to meet the needs of individuals with developmental disabilities and their families. In the Strategic Plan we outline the services we provide, the critical issues affecting the individuals and families, the goals and strategies to address those issues and a review of how we have met the goals of the previous Strategic Plan.
An extensive planning process went into creating the document. Here is some background on the process:
Click here to download the 2004-2009 Strategic Plan PDF.
What is strategic planning?
- Being clear about what people with disabilities want for themselves, what their loved ones want for them, and what parts we want to play in supporting people toward good lives.
- Looking ahead - judging what influences or forces are likely to affect the organization over the next several years.
- Deciding how we'll act over the coming years, in the expectation that our choices about stategies will lead toward the future we hope for.
What we needed to plan well:
- Help from those who have an interest in people with disabilities, their membership in their communities, their ability to have and reach for dreams.
- People to tell us about their dreams, about opportunities that are available, and about obstacles they face.