Get a Job
Hear from people just like you about how they got a job in the community!
Looking for a job?
These links will help you learn about how you can apply for a job and can show you listings of job opportunities.
- An easy-read guide to what employment First means
- Employment First Ohio
- Ohio Means Jobs- Job listings website
- Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities (OOD)
What does Community Employment Look Like?
These are stories about people with developmental disabilities who have jobs in the community:
- Chase has a job he loves at Miami University
- Business partnership with TKB is impacting lives
- Aaron has a job he loves at Middletown Schools
- Jamie's dream is to raise awareness about an endangered species
- Josh has a job he loves as a bailiff for Butler County
- Melissa has a job she loves at Courtyard by Marriott
- Doug works at a museum reviewing exhibits with a GoPro on his wheelchair.
- Molly has a full life, filled with relationships, valued roles in the community, and passion, including her job.
- Finding a right fit: a video about a customized job.
- A pizza restaurant was able to customize a job for Emily, who works a few hours each week.
- David has worked at Frisch's for more than 25 years.
- Hannah works at Mercy Fairfield Hospital's central supply room.
- Don uses a communication device to interact with Applebee's customers and fellow employees.
- Michael works at the Rusty Bucket in Mason - he uses an iPod to keep himself on task.
- This six minute video highlights two people who have jobs in their community.
Lynne Hibbard, Employment Services Coordinator, (513) 785-2872, email